Women’s Health at Langley Physio
We’re glad you found us!
Pelvic health physiotherapy is a safe and effective way to treat many conditions related to a weak or poorly controlled pelvic floor. The physiotherapists at our clinic who treat pelvic health have specialized training and experience to help you with these conditions. In addition, they are all mothers, professionals, and lead active lifestyles themselves. They are truly passionate about helping you restore your quality of life!
We want you to know that you are not alone!
What to expect:
Your therapist will always create a safe, caring, and professional environment. Your therapist will respect your journey to health, and invite good communication with you to ensure any physical or emotional difficulties with your therapy are being addressed.
Treatment occurs in a fully private room. We use biofeedback machines to measure your muscle contraction (similar to a heart monitor) and assist in visualizing your ability to contract/relax your pelvic floor muscles. Your treatment may also include education about your condition and helpful manual therapy/exercise techniques.
Common conditions that pelvic health physio can help:
- Pre-natal and post-natal care and rehabilitation: we believe every woman should have a pelvic floor assessment 6-8 weeks post-partum, especially those with tears that are 2nd degree or higher. Early assessment and treatment can prevent many conditions, such as incontinence, prolapse, and diastasis, that otherwise may slowly worsen over time.
- Bowel and bladder incontinence: inability to hold or control stool and/or urine
- Pelvic organ prolapse
- Vaginal pain/dyspareunia (painful sex): provoked or unprovoked vestibulodynia or vulvadynia
- Pelvic girdle pain: sacroiliac or symphysis pubis pain
- Diastasis recti: abdominal separation
- Coccydynia: tailbone pain
If you suspect you may be suffering from any of these conditions, we invite you to book an appointment with one of our pelvic health physiotherapists!